Dienstag, 3. Oktober 2017

ESP8266 module fix "error: espcomm_open failed" troubleshooting



Illustration 1: ESP8266 connected with USB cable


Today I will explain you how to resolve the error: espcomm_open failed.


If you starts with ESP8266, configured your Arduino IDE correctly and upload your code from Arduino IDE via USB cable and this error message appears again and again - you are annoyed. So don't worry, I hope we will fix it.


Illustration 2: error: espcomm_open failed

I see a lot of posts in the internet where people says "update your esp8266 firmware" or "esp8266 is broken" and so on. So I analyzed the problem and found a troubleshooting. If this works for you I don't know but I hope it.

The troubleshooting is: use a correct USB cable to connect your ESP8266 to Arduino IDE.

For me I noticed that my SAMSUNG USB cable is not working and let appears the error message. I used a Nokia USB cable and the problem was fixed. 

By the way Samsung USB cable works with my mobile phone well so don't think it is broken. It is only not compatible with ESP8266 module.


Illustration 3: SAMSUNG USB cable (white) and Nokia USB cable (black)


If you analyze the cable construction you will see that SAMSUNG USB cable is not same like normal USB cable. 

So I recommend you don't use a SAMSUNG USB cable and give attention if the cable is solid plugged in in your ESP8266 module. SAMSUNG USB cables have an other construction as commercial USB cables.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot