Sonntag, 24. Februar 2019

#1 Setup AI-Thinker ESP32-Cam example with Arduino IDE



For some month I see a new ESP32 camera module and ordered it. This one have a practically onboard camera so I decided to try a test.
As I got it, I realized, there was no Arduino IDE support. I did not tried to set it up with the espressif toolchain because I am not so familiar with it and I think it will needed much time.

Since I see espressif published in 2019 a sample for Arduino IDE for this module I started to use the board. The board works fine. The sample turn on the ESP32 to a webcam server where you can enter it via internet.

So I will give you folks a quick guide how to start with this fantastic module.


Lets go...




1. First of all add the ESP32 board to your IDE. For this open your Arduino IDE --> Settings -->
Add new board and put this link in the box:       

(If you use ESP8266 board you can separate the board links with a comma)
https://dl.espressif.com/dl/package_esp32_index.json
     
          and confirm it with "ok" (Screenshot 1).
Screenshot 1



2. Go to Tools --> Board -->  Boardmanager

Screenshot 2


3. Type esp32 and install the package which is from espressif and install it.

Screenshot 3


4. Go to Tools --> Board --> ESP32 WROVER Module and chose it for  the AI-Thinker ESP32S-CAM module.

Screenshot 4
5. Finally chose Example --> ESP32 --> Camera --> CameraWebServer to load the example code.

Screenshot 5

6. Fill out your SSID and password for your network in sketch to get the camera stream.







Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot